Saturday, March 15, 2008

silo #3 7x7

This is the same silo that I've painted before. This time I'm on the West Sac side of the river. My wife doesn't really care for these silo paintings. They're a little too industrial for her taste. It's not their industrial-ness that I find interesting. I'm itching to get to the mountains, Yosemite is about three and a half hours away. I want to paint some monoliths and this is the most monolithic thing we have in Sacramento. Painting its north face today I was fantasizing about painting the north face of Sentinel Rock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig~ I like the silo paintings! I love that on your blog, just about every painting (landscapes AND snacks) depicts something very familiar to me. I'm getting ideas as to where I might go sketching in this area when I can get away from my baby duty!

By the way, very nice "soft perspective" on the clouds~

craigstephens said...

Thanks a lot Terry. I'm a big fan of yours. If you ever want company and your painting in the area just let me know!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love industrial sites and bridges. All the great shapes!
Nicely done.